Monday, May 30, 2011

CONduit 2011


I had a great time at CONduit 2011 this year. I met some greats in the industry including Howard Taylor (Schlock Mercenary web comic and the Writing Excuses podcast), Tracy Hickman (NYT Best Selling Author and incredibly smart and funny guy), Jessica Day George (YA author), Robert Defendi, and others.

With my sister and niece, we sat in on the panels presented by these people and soaked up their advise on writing and publishing fiction. CONduit is a great place to rub shoulders with those who were once where we hopeful artists and writers want to be and learn the ways to get to where they are. The atmosphere is lighthearted and encouraging. I highly recommend attending next year's convention if you get the chance.

On my personal writing efforts, I plan to start using this blog more regularly to post progress and updates on my works and efforts to get published. I will also post musings on the industry and reviews of recently read books or anything else writing related that crosses my mind.

Based on alpha reader feedback, I am currently in second draft editing of A Clouded Skye, a novel about a vagabond girl who is promised to never starve again if she makes a deal with a faerie queen and finds out that she got a lot more than she bargained for (I made a picture of Skye in DAZ 3D studio several years ago, see below).


I have several other projects in various stages of writing or planning. I've been spending a lot of time researching the paelolithic age for a potential novel coming. I am also currently waiting on alpha reader feedback for a novel called 'Blood On The Vine', a disfunctional family shapeshifting plantation slave story I wrote last year. I hope to begin putting that one through the redrafting stages soon.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

I think that's awesome that you all were able to attend that conference. It sounds like it was a fantastic experience.

BTW, I really like that picture of Skye!