Saturday, November 19, 2011

What have I been up to lately...

I have temporarily put writing my Neolithic Fantasy Story on hold while I polish up two short stories and my first Vine novel.  I sent the two short stories to my editor for review and am adding scenes to the novel, "Blood On The Vine".

There were a few broken parts in the novel that I had to patch up and, in discussion with some of my early readers and even non-reading friends, have determined that instead of the "happy ending" I had written, the story would be even stronger with a redemption story arc added to become a "super happy ending".  One of my alpha readers said that my writing style is ultimately optimistic and, honestly, she is right.  A lot of my stories end with a wedding or something.  I'm just a hopeless romantic I guess.

My first book, A Clouded Skye, has been accepted as my work's book club pick for January 2012.  To avoid a conflict of interest, I have given all members of the club a discount code for 100% off the cover price of the ebook edition.  I have also ordered a few copies of the print edition from lulu.com for the club and as holiday giveaways for those that don't do the ereader thing yet.

NaNoWriMo is more than half over.  People all over the world are typing furiously away at their keyboards to complete a 50,000 word novel in less than one month.  I didn't join in this year due to the other writing projects already on my plate, but I do fully endorse NaNoWriMo and encourage everyone who has ever thought of writing to try it, if not this year, maybe next year.  Or just start writing your novel today.  Don't wait for someday to arrive to write your novel.  Make someday be today.  See, there I'm being all optimistic and positive again.

No comments: