Saturday, September 28, 2013

An Apology, a Progress Update, and Feeding A Starving Artist Teaser

First, the apology, then the fun stuff.

I'm sorry.

Now on to the progress update.  What? You want more of an explanation than that?  Okay.  I'm sorry that I haven't blogged in more than half a year, about 3/4ths of a year to be precise.  Why is that?  Back in the beginning of the year, my wife and I had another child and let me tell you, those tiny adorable fountains of cuteness and inspiration are also a lot of work.  Also my day job had several major projects going on and our team temporarily shrunk just when we needed the extra hands most.

But fear not, I have not stopped writing.  Blood On The Vine is now finished and awaiting final editing.  The book after it, Vine Ops: The Lewis Park Affair, is about 90% the way through it's first draft.  At the rate I'm not getting the first vine novel edited and prepped for publishing, the second vine novel might be hot on it's heels.  So after a two year absence of fresh novels out of me, you will get another two right together!

I also have been planning to get the covers redone for the two Skye novels and perhaps even edit out the prologue, intermissions, and epilogue of the first book, in the second edition.  Though I like the characters introduced outside of the main narrative, those segments don't actually add much to that narrative. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know whether you think those parts should stay or go from A Clouded Skye.

In the meantime, my sleep deprived brain has continued cranking out new story ideas and I have several short stories and several novels I hope to write up as soon as the current two projects are finished.  If only I had 36 hours in each day, sigh.  I'd write at a faster pace if I could quit my day job.  That won't happen though till I make more money off my book sales.  So buy my books and feed a starving artist.

There are other ways to feed this starving artist too that you can also greatly benefit from.  Since I'll probably ramble rather long about these methods, I'm going put those into my next blog post rather than talk about them in this post.  Stay tuned.

No comments: