Thursday, January 19, 2012

Projects for 2012

So today, I made a list of the stories I want to get published in 2012.  I probably won't get all of them done but I sure hope to get most of them.  Better to aim for the stars and land in the trees than to aim for the trees and land in the mud and all that.

Short fiction (under 50,000 words)
The Adventures Of Kitkia - YA Fantasy
R.E.M.ember Me - Paranormal Romance
Angie's Miserable Life - A Contemporary Life Lessons Tale
Like Snowflakes - A Contemporary Christmas Tale
Food Court - Contemporary Comedy
Bloody Mary - Western
Coyote, Adahy, and The Sun's Fire - A Totally Made Up Native American Legend.

The last one (The native american legend) is already available on this blog so I'll polish it up and make it free and available for Kindle, Nook, etc as a loss leader and advertisement for my other works.

Long Fiction (over 50,000 words)
Blood On The Vine - Fantasy - In Final Editing Now
The Anaaka Chronicles - Fantasy, Compilation of four shorter stories (Anaaka, Aniiki, Trenton, & Hannan)
Halfway to SomeWere - YA Urban Fantasy Comedy
A Fairy Big Problem - Urban Fantasy Comedy
Miu's Vine Story - Fantasy - Working Title, it will have a better one.  I promise.
River Of Souls - Fantasy
A Sky Full of Ships - Steampunk Fantasy - No relation to A Clouded Skye

I've really got my year cut out for me!  So does my poor editor.  I may need to find him some help or a replacement as he's mostly doing it out of the kindness of his heart and has his own projects to work on.

The short fiction should be quite doable as many of those stories are done already.  The long ones are pushing it.  Only Blood On The Vine and The Anaaka Chronicles are close to ready.  I'll get as far as I get and take care of the rest in 2013.

Anyone who thought I only had one book or one series in me was mistaken.  I have hundreds of stories bouncing around in my head.  The next few decades of writing are going to be a blast!

No comments: